The “Assumption” Orthodox Church of Galșa

In the past there was a wooden church here, dedicated to the “Assumption” and consecrated in 1715. In 1749 it is replaced by the current stone church, built “in the simplified forms of provincial baroque” with an iconostasis made by Ștefan Tenețchi. The icons carry the years 1769-1771, some with the initials C.T., Ștefan Tenețchi also suggesting to us the period of execution of the iconostasis. The door read the year 1749.

The church was built of stone with thick walls between 1-1.50 m and a 33m high tower which until 1894 was not part of the church body. Only then were two rooms added, to the right and to the left, thus completing the tower with the church body.