The “Assumption” Orthodox Church of Mîsca

In the village there was a wooden church dedicated to the “Assumption” and consecrated in 1747. Around 1790 the present church was built of stone, which bears the name of the old one, consecrated on July 6, 1797. Its architectural style is baroque, the church plan is in the shape of a cross, and the bell tower built below, on poles, is separate from the porch but attached to the body of the church. The icons on the iconostasis were made on wood at the end of the eighteenth century.