The “Saint Archangels Michael and Gabriel” Orthodox Church

In 1755 there is mention of a wooden church dedicated to the “St. Archangels” and built on a foundation of stone. The bishop Sinesie Jivanovici records that it was consecrated on September 6, 1752. On March 13, 1769, believers receive approval for the construction of another church.

That same year the building of the current stone church begins, which bears the name of the old one. The plan is in the shape of a cross with the altar in a semicircle, while the sunset side, on a stretch of 10 meters, and the tower were added later.

The church has an iconostasis painting dating from 1789, it is built in Baroque style and it is considered a historical monument.